07 Mar Southern Railway: Updated Strike Information
Southern Railway – Updated Strike Information 7th March 2017
RMT strike Monday 13 March: Southern aims to run most services
Southern Railway will be aiming to run most of its services to the normal timetable during the RMT’s latest strike next Monday, 13 March. During the union’s last strike, on 22 February, Southern ran almost nine out of 10 trains (87%).
Gatwick Express will operate a full service between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport / Brighton.
The following changes are planned:
- No Southern services between Clapham Junction and Milton Keynes Central via Kensington Olympia / Watford Junction
- No Southern service between Leatherhead and Guildford
- No Rye – Ashford International shuttle services during the morning and evening peaks. However, Southern plans to run most services between Ashford International and Brighton; replacement buses will run between Rye and Ashford International.
- Some trains between London Bridge and Brighton, Eastbourne or Littlehampton will not run
- Some services between Brighton and Seaford / Eastbourne / Hastings / Ashford and between Brighton and Bognor Regis / Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central will not run, and others will have fewer carriages than normal
- Most services that normally run only between Brighton and Hove will not operate.
Further details are available on Southern’s web site at http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/strike.
Passengers can claim compensation if they are delayed by 15 minutes or more: at http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/customer-services/delay-repay/.