04 Dec Admission Arrangements for Community & Voluntary Controlled schools in East Sussex 2019-20: Consultation
East Sussex County Council is consulting on its admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools (and, on behalf of the academy trust, for Parkland Infant Academy, Parkland Junior Academy and Shinewater Academy). These arrangements are, broadly speaking, unchanged from 2018-19, but there is a proposal to make the following alterations to community areas:
- To merge the community area for Hankham Primary School and Stone Cross Primary School
- To enlarge the area for Iford and Kingston CE Primary School to include the area previously served by Rodmell CE Primary School
- To include the villages of Streat and Ditchling in the community area for Chailey School (secondary) to create a shared area with Priory School.
There is also a proposal to change the PANs for the following schools:
- Uplands Community College- proposal to reduce PAN from 168 to 150
- Polegate Community Primary School- proposal to increase PAN from 60 to 90 (subject to necessary planning consents)
- Ditchling St Margaret’s CE Primary School- proposal to increase PAN from 20 to 24
- Forest Row CE Primary School- proposal to reduce PAN from 45 to 30
For further information and to complete an online survey please visit the following link:
The consultation begins on Monday, 13 November 2017 and ends on Friday, 26 January 2018 which satisfies the duty to consult for at least six weeks.