25 Apr Investors in Careers
The kitemark for quality careers education and guidance, Investors in Careers, which St Richard’s Catholic College currently holds is due to be reassessed. The reassessment fully incorporates the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
The reassessment is structured around four key elements:
- Commitment – the college renews our commitment to Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) and The Quality in Careers standard.
- Organisation – the college continues to have a stable careers programme, including how we are meeting the DfE statutory requirements.
- Delivery – a programme of Careers Education is delivered that addresses the careers learning needs of each pupil. This is where we must demonstrate we are meeting all 8 Gatsby benchmarks.
- Evaluation – ensuring that all staff involved in the careers programme – prepare all pupils for choices, decision and transitions. The CEIAG programme is systematically monitored, reviewed and evaluated to ensure it is meeting the needs of all pupils.
From September 2018 there are two assessed stages:
- Commitment: “committed to work towards the standard”. This will involve submitting evidence and made a public commitment to establish a robust and coherent approach to our CEIAG provision.
- Organisation, Delivery and Evaluation – external assessment leading to either:
- Fully meets the standard – have demonstrated a robust and coherent approach to our CEIAG provision, fully met the Quality in Careers standard national criteria, which also incorporates the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Making good progress towards fully meeting the standard – we have demonstrated a robust approach to our CEIAG provision and are making good progress in meeting the Quality in Careers Standard national criteria, which incorporates the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks. The assessor is confident that a clear plan is in place demonstrating the college will fully meet the national criteria.
If successful, the College will be given the award for a further three years.
If there are any questions about reassessment, please contact Mrs C Adams, Careers Lead